What is hot?
- G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Dual Core XBMC Streaming Mini HTPC TV Box Player
- True 1080p Dual Core XBMC HD Decoding! High performance Dual Core A9 CPU paired with the powerful Mali400 Dual Core 3D GPU Graphics Processor = Insane Android Performance. The MX2 has twice as much power as the original Midnight which provides the best Android experience available from any other competing product. Watch your favorite movies and live streams with vivid and smooth playback. Hook up a USB mouse (not included) and play your favorite Android games on the big screen!
- Over-The-Air updating means you never have to worry about complicated and cumbersome firmware installations. We'll be adding new features over time so that you can love your MX2 even more. Software updates will be sent to you automatically and you can install them at your convenience, easily.
- So many options! Unlike Roku and Apple TV, the MX2 is free of any restrictions and never needs to be jail-broken. So go ahead, install your favorite apps and customize away! With the MX2 you're not limited so you can personalize the experience the way that you like. The 8GB internal storage gives you space and freedom to install apps without having to always worry about running out of space.
- Sony SMP-N100 Streaming Player with Wi-Fi
Home Theater (Sony)
- Connections: 1 HDMI, 1 component, 1 composite, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output, 1 USB
- Includes remote control; can also be controlled via free app for iPhone/iPod touch and select Android phones
- Built-in Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) plus Ethernet for wired connection
- VIZIO Co-Star Stream Player With Google TV - VAP430
Home Theater (VIZIO)
- Access to the Best Entertainment: Google play lets you purchase the latest music, movies, apps, and games right from your TV screen
- Stream blockbuster movies and hit shows through Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, M-GO and more. Play the latest hit console video games through OnLive, or crank out your favorite tunes from iHeartRadio and Pandora
- The Power of Google TV Search: Google TV Search pulls in results from virtually any source - live, local or streaming - making finding exactly what you want easier and quicker than ever
- LG ST600 Smart TV Upgrader with Digital Streaming and Internet Services
- Add functionality by downloading hundreds of Apps from the LG App Store
- HDMI output ensures beautiful picture quality
- Access Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, CinemaNow, Hulu Plus, Picasa Web Albums and Twitter
- Philips BDP3406/F7 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player - Black
Home Theater (Philips)
- Wi-Fi (usually shipped with a dongle else the Wifi would be built into the player). Wifi not required for streaming.
- USB 2.0 CVBS video output Analog RCA output Ethernet jack No component video output
- DivX Plus HD
Roku XDS Streaming Player 1080p | PC Hardwares InformationsStart watching movies on your TV in seconds using your high-speed Internet connection Featuring the largest collection of instant streaming movies and TV shows, from Netflix, Amazon VOD, and more Built-in wireless (dual-band Wireless-N) and wired Internet connectivity. Plays up to 1080p High Definition video. Works with any TV. Sets up in 5 minutes. Simply connect to your TV and to your high-speed Internet service. Does not require PC for streaming.
Roku is a little box that allows you to instantly stream tons of entertainment on your TV. Watch over 100,000 movies and TV shows from Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, and more. Listen to music on Pandora, or listen to your own iTunes playlists. Even watch major sports, news, or original Internet programming. It’s all available whenever you want it. The all-new, top-of-the-line Roku XDS sets a new standard with 1080p streaming video, the latest wireless technology, and Instant Replay. All for under 0. No wonder Roku is the best selling streaming player ever.
Social Security tax-gap spikes 65 percent in five years
The estimated boost in Social Security taxes needed to save retiree benefits has spiked 65 percent since 2008.
The required tax boost is rising because politicians keep postponing the decision on how to fully fund the growing cost of the baby boomers’ retirement, said Jason Fichtner, a former deputy commissioner and an economist at the Social Security Administration.
“If we continue on the current course, then by 2035 the retirement program become insolvent, and … we’ll need a gigantic tax increase or a gigantic benefit cut, or a combination of the two,” he said.
“The longer we wait, the worse it will be be,” he said.
Washington hasn’t fixed the huge problem because President Barack Obama has rejected significant cost-saving proposals and reforms that are opposed by progressive groups, and the GOP’s leaders’ won’t agree to the tax increases demanded by Obama.
Social Security is now funded by a 12.4 percent tax on workers’ salaries.